Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

My kids were so excited for Mothers Day, it was just too cute! I must say it was a wonderful day from start to finish. The goodies were amazing! Jim and the kids baked homemade cinnamon rolls and eggs for breakfast and the day ended with a homemade hot fudge ice cream pie....made by my awesome husband! I came downstairs this morning to find the dining room decorated with flowers, cards and lots of cute pictures drawn by my little artists. The girls loved going out with Dad to shop for little Mothers Day gifts and James loved helping me open the gifts :) I've included a pic of James and his tow-truck. He's enjoyed many happy hours recently playing with trucks and diggers!



After church this afternoon, we as a family delivered these Mothers Day gifts to a local nursing home. Throughout the week, Emi, Clara and I made these pretty tissue paper flowers. It was a really neat experience to deliver them today. The kids were wonderful about talking with all the different "grandmas". It was so sweet to see these cute old ladies just light up when the kids walked in their room and give them a flower. It was a highlight of the day!

3 comments:

  1. I am touched by your family's act of kindness. What a wonderful uplifting service you all gave today and a powerful lesson for your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea.
    We are so going to do that next year.
    Any plans for something special to do for others on Father's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. over achiever...haha love ya and happy mother's day to you. Conner is obsessed with trucks, lawn mowers and tractors right now. He and James would have a blast.

    ReplyDelete