Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sewing

I've sewn crafty things before...but never anything to actually wear! I had three opportunities this past week - Clara needed a green skirt to wear for her first grade play....Emi needed a white Egyptian outfit for Egypt day and then the girls 'needed' some cute church skirts!


Clara was a carrot in her first grade play :)


Emi the Egyptian - her skirt is made out of an old dress shirt of Jim's!


I saw this cute skirt pattern and had to give it a try. My good friend is a 'seamstress extrordinare' and she guided me through the process.


Front shot.


Back shot.

4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! Those skirts are darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and so darling. Both the girls and the skirts. Are you coming out this summer? I need to touch base with Vicky. Do you have her email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super impressed Sarah. To think I knew you when you were nervous to sew a pillowcase and here you are going all unscripted on me and sewing things from dress shirts! Fantastic. I have wanted to sew some clothes from Amelia but just can't seem to get down to the fabric store. I was going to say it is far away, but I remember your fabric store was actually farther. (smile) We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete